- Last Updated: Friday, 06 July 2018 19:18
Adult Classes Term dates:
Autumn: w/c 24th September 2018 for 10 weeks (mid-term break w/c 15th October)
Winter: w/c 14th January 2019 for 10 weeks (mid-term break w/c 11th February)
Spring: w/c 23rd April 2019 for 5 weeks - Details will follow nearer the time
Our classes are being planned at the moment and full details will follow during August. Make sure you get the information first and sign up for our regular eUpdates bringing the information straight to your inbox.
What do I need to know and how do I sign up?
- All you need is a pair of soft shoes and comfortable clothes - no partner required!
- Teachers and musicians may change without notice due to availability. There may, on occasion, be a trainee teacher assisting with your class.
- No refunds are available, unless the class is cancelled by RSCDS Edinburgh.
- Unless we hold your consent to do so or explicitly required to do so by UK law, it is RSCDS Edinburgh policy not to disclose information to third parties.
- Pay online, or pay at the class – more information will follow in August.
Do I need a partner? No, Scottish country dancing is a social activity and it is common practice to dance with different partners during a night of dancing. We are a worldwide society and you will make many new friends from all over.
What to wear? Dancing can be energetic although you can put in as much or as little effort as you like. We recommend that you wear layers of clothes - possibly light trousers or a full skirt, a T shirt and something on top for warming up or the slower dances.
What shoes do I wear? Dancing shoes come in many guises from ballet shoes to laced soft shoes and to those with a T bar. All proper Scottish country dancing shoes are very soft and comfortable, and can be bought from most dancing outlets and shops like Dancewear in Edinburgh (members receive a discount). Before you buy shoes, you might prefer to come along to the class in soft soled flat shoes (trainers are ideal) and see what your teacher suggests or what others are wearing.
When do classes start? Classes start during the week commencing 25th September. If you miss the beginning of term, do come along on any Monday or Tuesday to our Beginners classes and give us a try!
How much does it cost? Give it a go for 5 weeks for £32.50. Join as a new member - £55.50 for 5 classes including membership of the RSCDS until June 2018, which will give you discounted classes each term until then and access to our events at the members rate.
Is there live music? Yes, we have live music at every class. Still got questions? Contact us on 07041 323155 or email us,